Oberoi Amarvilas Spa, Agra
Location : Amarvilas is only 600 metres from the Taj Mahal and can be accessed by rail or car from Delhi....
Star Rating : 5 Star Hotel
Total Rooms : 106 Rooms
Facilities : Air conditioning, Baby sitting, Barber & beauty salon, Business Centre, Computer Games....
About Oberoi Amarvilas
The classical architecture of this 106-room hotel is complemented by the elaborate Mughal Gardens, terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools & pavillions. The lobby, restaurants, bars and tea lounge also offer spectacular views of the most extravagant monument of love, the Taj Mahal.
Discerning travelers will now appreciate the fabulous Taj Mahal while enjoying world-class luxury. The hotel has been designed to give guests uninterrupted views of the Taj Mahal from all 109 guest rooms and suites. The lobby, restaurants, bar, and tea lounge also offer spectacular views of the world-famous monument. The elaborate gardens, terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools, and pavilions complement the classical architecture of the hotel.
Description of Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in IndiaAt Amarvilas, meticulous attention to detail creates a soothing blend of warm, effortless service and harmonious spaces. Deluxe rooms with arched windows, Superior Deluxe rooms with private terraces and spacious suites, offer the best options in gracious accommodation. All rooms and suites provide panoramic views of the Taj Mahal.
Location of Oberoi Amarvilas Agra
Amarvilas is only 600 metres from the Taj Mahal and can be accessed by rail or car from Delhi. The Agra Cantonment station is 9 km from the hotel or a 20-minute drive away. The Shatabdi Express takes just two hours to reach Delhi from Agra. By car, the best route to take is the Delhi-Agra highway (National Highway 2) via Mathura. The journey takes approximately 3 hours and there are petrol stations and restaurants along the way.
Sikandra is the tomb of Akbar, the famous Mughal emperor, located 4 kilometres from the hotel and is one of the most spectacular monuments in Agra. Fatehpur sikri is 38 kilometres from the hotel . This perfectly preserved ancient city blends the best of the Mughal and Rajput architecture. Keoladeo National Park is the one and half hours drive from Agra. This bird life sanctuary has one of the largest varieties of bird life in India .
Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in India - Facilities in Amar Vilas Agra
Two restaurants serving Continental, Asian and Indian cuisine are open as well as a pool bar. Room service is also offered. State of the art facilities for medium size conference for up to 150 persons is within the hotel's premises.
The professionally run spa offers therapy rooms and suites and a heat treatment area featuring steam rooms, saunas and showers .Treatment incorporate the use of Ayurvedic principles of holistic health maintenance, herbal treatments and aromatherapy.
List of Facilities
Air conditioning, Baby sitting, Barber & Beauty Salon, Business Centre, Computer Games, Conference Facilities, Ensuite bath / Shower, Fitness Centre, Foreign exchange, IDD, In-room safe, Laundry, Mini bar, Non-smoking rooms, Parking Restaurants, Room service, Rooms for disabled, Satellite / Cable TV, Shopping arcade, Swimming (outdoor), Tea / Coffee facilities, Tennis court .
Rooms at Oberoi Amarvilas Agra
All 106 rooms offer panoramic views of the Taj Mahal with a minimum area of approximately 40 square metres. Many rooms have Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in Indiaadjoining private terraces, elegantly appointed interiors with teak wood flooring and finest hand crafted furniture, spacious marble bathrooms with separate shower stalls, walk-in closet in each room, compact disc and digital video players, in-room safes and telephones with dataports.
Luxury Suites, each with an area of approximately 175 square metres, additionally have separate living room cum dining room, private open-air terrace with sit out, separate butler pantry, private Massage bed and bathrooms overlooking the Taj Mahal.
The magnificent Kohinoor suite has an area of approximately 280 sqm. This suite has a private terrace and an unobstructed view of the Taj Mahal.
Interconnecting rooms upon request for families of four or more.
Dining at Oberoi Amarvilas Agra
Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in IndiaDining options at Amarvilas include Bellevue, the all-day restaurant; Esphahan, serving speciality Indian cuisine; a lobby bar; the tea lounge and pool snack bar. In-room dining is available round the clock. Bellevue offers a whole variety of Asian and Mediterranean cuisine and beverages. Esphahan is open only for dinner, and offers speciality Indian cuisine, with a display kitchen and a live classical music every night. The lobby bar, with its exquisite interiors and warm service, offers a wide variety of beverages, wines and liquors as well as cigars. The lobby lounge has a splendid view of the Taj Mahal and serves fine teas, coffees, pastries and afternoon snacks.
At Amarvilas, complimenting the grandeur of the Mughal era, is the spa that befits the self-indulgence of royalty. To the mystical, romantic image of the Taj Mahal visible outside, trained Thai therapists reenergize the body with personalized holistic treatments based on Ayurveda, ancient Thai and western techniques. The vivifying experience includes beauty and body treatments with exotic oils and creams used by royalty five hundred years ago, in addition to a steam room or sauna to rekindle the body and spirit.
The spa at The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra is secreted behind large fretwork doors. It is inspired by Mughal architecture, and tiled in dark sandstone and white marble. At the centre sits a dome roofed, white marble steam room. Couples' massage rooms on the fourth floor have uninterrupted views of the Taj Mahal. The spa is fantastic with attention to every detail. For example, massage oils are in hand blown, beautiful glass bottles, not plastic. When you lie down on the massage table, a beautiful flower will be floating in a bowl of water below you. The perfectly appointed facilities include therapy rooms and suites, steam rooms, saunas and showers and a nicely equipped fitness room. Treatments incorporate the use of Ayurvedic principles of holistic health maintenance, herbal treatments and aromatherapy. Recreation facilities include a gymnasium, heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi, a library offering a selection of books, music and digital video discs.
- We chose TSI because they are experts in trips for all ASIA. We planned our honeymoon over Sri LANKA and Maldives with them because they give the best tips, value, conditions, hotels and service for the trip. You have a choffer exclusively for you during all trip, and drop you in the best restaurants, shops and places. choosing TSI is choosing quality rigor, seriousness, profesionalness. .......Guillermo Pombo ,SPAIN
- I have travelled to India with TSI many times because I have full confidence in their superior communication ability to understand my requirements. They are able to make suggestions and answer queries without fear or favour which is very valuable when I organise my small group tours and need their expertise. They have a great team of experienced and young agents who are efficient and empathetic to general enquiries and are always there to support me when I am on tour. Whether emailing from Australia or phoning from India I consider them an integral part of my tour operation. I thank them all most sincerely and congratulate them for a superior and high standard of work and friendship.......... Marnie Barter ,Melbourne, Australia
- We had a marvelous trip to India with TSI. All arrangements like hotel, driver, sightseeings etc. that were organized by them were perfect. On a regular base during our trip the head office of TSI called us to inform if we were still satisfied by the services they provide. And yes, of course we were. Thanks TSI for the gift of a perfect memory......... John Bregman ,NETHERLANDS
- It was an amazing trip. I feel very comfortable and safe with my driver and guides. My guides were warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable. My appreciation for India has increased immensely. I will be returning to India next year and will use TSI's services again. ......... Robin Everett ,USA
- Just a short message to tell you that we are now back to France, after our wonderful stay in India. Everything was so well organized, we were very satisfied with the services of the drivers and guides, and we were happy about our intensive visiting program. We are really fascinated by your beautiful country.........Mihaela and Cornelia ,France
- A very well organised roundtrip through a beautiful country. Nice excursions and still plenty of free time. Very good and friendly driver, who was giving us a lot of extra information and showed us the most beautiful places. India was a very holiday for us thanks to TSI......Nico van der Sluijs ,NETHERLANDS
- It has been a great experience for us to visit india .All trip has been well organized and it has covered our expectations .You(Travel Spirit international) are A very good travel agency and we will comment it to our country’s travel agency. We have been assisted excellently in every moment.The hotels during the whole trip have been very comfortable and nice. The driver Pawan has been on time,and polite ,perfect driver..... Mr. Albert Roig ,Spain