Oberoi Amarvilas Spa, Agra
Location : Amarvilas is only 600 metres from the Taj Mahal and can be accessed by rail or car from Delhi....
Star Rating : 5 Star Hotel
Total Rooms : 106 Rooms
Facilities : Air conditioning, Baby sitting, Barber & beauty salon, Business Centre, Computer Games....
About Oberoi Amarvilas
The classical architecture of this 106-room hotel is complemented by the elaborate Mughal Gardens, terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools & pavillions. The lobby, restaurants, bars and tea lounge also offer spectacular views of the most extravagant monument of love, the Taj Mahal.
Discerning travelers will now appreciate the fabulous Taj Mahal while enjoying world-class luxury. The hotel has been designed to give guests uninterrupted views of the Taj Mahal from all 109 guest rooms and suites. The lobby, restaurants, bar, and tea lounge also offer spectacular views of the world-famous monument. The elaborate gardens, terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools, and pavilions complement the classical architecture of the hotel.
Description of Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in IndiaAt Amarvilas, meticulous attention to detail creates a soothing blend of warm, effortless service and harmonious spaces. Deluxe rooms with arched windows, Superior Deluxe rooms with private terraces and spacious suites, offer the best options in gracious accommodation. All rooms and suites provide panoramic views of the Taj Mahal.
Location of Oberoi Amarvilas Agra
Amarvilas is only 600 metres from the Taj Mahal and can be accessed by rail or car from Delhi. The Agra Cantonment station is 9 km from the hotel or a 20-minute drive away. The Shatabdi Express takes just two hours to reach Delhi from Agra. By car, the best route to take is the Delhi-Agra highway (National Highway 2) via Mathura. The journey takes approximately 3 hours and there are petrol stations and restaurants along the way.
Sikandra is the tomb of Akbar, the famous Mughal emperor, located 4 kilometres from the hotel and is one of the most spectacular monuments in Agra. Fatehpur sikri is 38 kilometres from the hotel . This perfectly preserved ancient city blends the best of the Mughal and Rajput architecture. Keoladeo National Park is the one and half hours drive from Agra. This bird life sanctuary has one of the largest varieties of bird life in India .
Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in IndiaFacilities in Amar Vilas Agra
Two restaurants serving Continental, Asian and Indian cuisine are open as well as a pool bar. Room service is also offered. State of the art facilities for medium size conference for up to 150 persons is within the hotel's premises.
The professionally run spa offers therapy rooms and suites and a heat treatment area featuring steam rooms, saunas and showers .Treatment incorporate the use of Ayurvedic principles of holistic health maintenance, herbal treatments and aromatherapy.
List of Facilities
Air conditioning, Baby sitting, Barber & Beauty Salon, Business Centre, Computer Games, Conference Facilities, Ensuite bath / Shower, Fitness Centre, Foreign exchange, IDD, In-room safe, Laundry, Mini bar, Non-smoking rooms, Parking Restaurants, Room service, Rooms for disabled, Satellite / Cable TV, Shopping arcade, Swimming (outdoor), Tea / Coffee facilities, Tennis court .
Rooms at Oberoi Amarvilas Agra
All 106 rooms offer panoramic views of the Taj Mahal with a minimum area of approximately 40 square metres. Many rooms have Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in Indiaadjoining private terraces, elegantly appointed interiors with teak wood flooring and finest hand crafted furniture, spacious marble bathrooms with separate shower stalls, walk-in closet in each room, compact disc and digital video players, in-room safes and telephones with dataports.
Luxury Suites, each with an area of approximately 175 square metres, additionally have separate living room cum dining room, private open-air terrace with sit out, separate butler pantry, private Massage bed and bathrooms overlooking the Taj Mahal.
The magnificent Kohinoor suite has an area of approximately 280 sqm. This suite has a private terrace and an unobstructed view of the Taj Mahal.
Interconnecting rooms upon request for families of four or more.
Spa at Oberoi Amarvilas Agra
The spa is fantastic with attention to every detail. For example, massage oils are in hand blown, beautiful glass bottles, not plastic. When you lie down on the massage table, a beautiful flower will be floating in a bowl of water below you. The perfectly appointed facilities include therapy rooms and suites, steam rooms, saunas and showers and a nicely equipped fitness room. Treatments incorporate the use of Ayurvedic principles of holistic health maintenance, herbal treatments and aromatherapy. Recreation facilities include a gymnasium, heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi, a library offering a selection of books, music and digital video discs.
Dining at Oberoi Amarvilas Agra
Hotel Amar Vilas - Agra, Spa Hotels & Resorts in IndiaDining options at Amarvilas include Bellevue, the all-day restaurant; Esphahan, serving speciality Indian cuisine; a lobby bar; the tea lounge and pool snack bar. In-room dining is available round the clock. Bellevue offers a whole variety of Asian and Mediterranean cuisine and beverages. Esphahan is open only for dinner, and offers speciality Indian cuisine, with a display kitchen and a live classical music every night. The lobby bar, with its exquisite interiors and warm service, offers a wide variety of beverages, wines and liquors as well as cigars. The lobby lounge has a splendid view of the Taj Mahal and serves fine teas, coffees, pastries and afternoon snacks.
At Amarvilas, complimenting the grandeur of the Mughal era, is the spa that befits the self-indulgence of royalty. To the mystical, romantic image of the Taj Mahal visible outside, trained Thai therapists reenergize the body with personalized holistic treatments based on Ayurveda, ancient Thai and western techniques. The vivifying experience includes beauty and body treatments with exotic oils and creams used by royalty five hundred years ago, in addition to a steam room or sauna to rekindle the body and spirit.
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012