What Does a Spa Do ?Massage, Facial And Body Treatment Basics
Even the tiniest day spa can offer a dizzying number of services. Should you get the aromatherapy or the purifying facial? A salt scrub or a mud wrap? Paraffin or algae for your body wrap?
The most popular service and the best place to start is massage, the manual manipulation of the body's muscles. Massage has been around for thousands of years and has a number of health benefits. It improves blood circulation. It prevents and treats muscle pain and spasm. It reduces tension and anxiety, calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
Massage therapy can be effective with pain management, but many healthy people get massage regularly because it helps them maintain physical, mental and emotional well being.
The second most popular service is the European facial, which involves skin analysis, deep cleansing, massage, "extractions" (removal of blackheads and whiteheads), toning, and moisturizing.
Body treatments are essentially facials for the whole body. The most popular body treatment is a salt glow or body scrub, an exfoliating treatment where the therapist rubs off the outermost layer of dead skin cells. This will leave your skin feeling velvety soft.
The body scrub is often combined with a detoxifying or hydrating treatment. Products like mud, algae, or seaweed are detoxifying because they stimulate your blood circulation and lymphatic system. This aids your body's own ability to carry away waste products. Rich cream or oil softens and condition the skin , so it's a hydrating treatment.
Most spas offer manicures and pedicures, and spa/salons offer hair cutting and styling services.
The most important thing you can do to maximize your enjoyment is arrive at least 15 minutes before your treatment is scheduled to begin. That way you can check in, change into your robe, and start to relax. If the spa has facilities like a sauna, steam bath, or hot tub, arrive even earlier
- We chose TSI because they are experts in trips for all ASIA. We planned our honeymoon over Sri LANKA and Maldives with them because they give the best tips, value, conditions, hotels and service for the trip. You have a choffer exclusively for you during all trip, and drop you in the best restaurants, shops and places. choosing TSI is choosing quality rigor, seriousness, profesionalness. .......Guillermo Pombo ,SPAIN
- I have travelled to India with TSI many times because I have full confidence in their superior communication ability to understand my requirements. They are able to make suggestions and answer queries without fear or favour which is very valuable when I organise my small group tours and need their expertise. They have a great team of experienced and young agents who are efficient and empathetic to general enquiries and are always there to support me when I am on tour. Whether emailing from Australia or phoning from India I consider them an integral part of my tour operation. I thank them all most sincerely and congratulate them for a superior and high standard of work and friendship.......... Marnie Barter ,Melbourne, Australia
- We had a marvelous trip to India with TSI. All arrangements like hotel, driver, sightseeings etc. that were organized by them were perfect. On a regular base during our trip the head office of TSI called us to inform if we were still satisfied by the services they provide. And yes, of course we were. Thanks TSI for the gift of a perfect memory......... John Bregman ,NETHERLANDS
- It was an amazing trip. I feel very comfortable and safe with my driver and guides. My guides were warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable. My appreciation for India has increased immensely. I will be returning to India next year and will use TSI's services again. ......... Robin Everett ,USA
- Just a short message to tell you that we are now back to France, after our wonderful stay in India. Everything was so well organized, we were very satisfied with the services of the drivers and guides, and we were happy about our intensive visiting program. We are really fascinated by your beautiful country.........Mihaela and Cornelia ,France
- A very well organised roundtrip through a beautiful country. Nice excursions and still plenty of free time. Very good and friendly driver, who was giving us a lot of extra information and showed us the most beautiful places. India was a very holiday for us thanks to TSI......Nico van der Sluijs ,NETHERLANDS
- It has been a great experience for us to visit india .All trip has been well organized and it has covered our expectations .You(Travel Spirit international) are A very good travel agency and we will comment it to our country’s travel agency. We have been assisted excellently in every moment.The hotels during the whole trip have been very comfortable and nice. The driver Pawan has been on time,and polite ,perfect driver..... Mr. Albert Roig ,Spain