Location :9 kms South of the renowned Kovalam Beach.... Star Rating :Heritage
Total Rooms :46 Rooms
Amenities : Business Centre, Conference Facilities, Shopping Arcade.....
Somatheeram is a unique Ayurvedic Health cum Holiday resort where the season never ends and tranquility prevails. It is a mini-cosmos of Kerala, flaunting the richest specimens of its architecture, sculpture and Somatheeram is also a perfect hideway far from mass tourism Nine kilometers south of the renowned Kovalam Beach and 21 Kilometers from the state capital Trivandrum. The pristine charms of nature in its primordial best, wedded to the elagance of a resort - Somatheeram is a fascinating haunt.
Description Of Somatheeram, Kovalam
Somatheeram is built in wood and sporting antique, carved doors and pillars, each building is a unique piece of architecture. Somatheeram has an exclusive Ayurveda Centre, where several rejuvenative Therapies based on the Vedic science Ayurveda (5000 hyears Old traditional indigenous body toning practice) are possible.
Somatheeram is also known for its reputed Yoga Centre where Yoga and meditation can be learned and practised under the guidance of a Yoga Guru. We welcome you to Somatheeram Resort to enjoy the essense of Kerala!
Location of Somatheeram, Kovalam
Somatheeram is 9 kilometers South of the renowned Kovalam Beach, 21 Kilometers from Trivandrum Airport, 160 Kilometers from Kumarakom Backwaters, 250 Kilometers from Cochin, 250 Kilometers from Thekkady.
Facilities at Somatheeram, Kovalam
Doctor on call , Money changer, Laundry service, Beach umbrella service, Room service, Ayurvedic treatment centre, Yoga & meditation programmes, Cultural show, Travel assistance, Sight-seeing & package, Tours arranged on request, Taxi service, Pickup from Trivandrum Airport, Welcome drinks, Car parking facilities.
Amenities at Somatheeram, Kovalam
Business Centre, Conference Facilities, Shopping Arcade, Ayurvedic Hospital, Yoga, Beach Games, Indoor Games.
Accomodation at Somatheeram, Kovalam
The accommodations combined together with the virginal beauty of nature, delicately cascades to an immaculate beach exclusively enjoyed by Somatheeram. Somatheeram Ayurvedic Beach Resort is packed with fun and activities; like indoor games, fishing, boating, cultural programmes etc.
Sidhartha : A granite built palace like house with a spacious octagon shaped living room, a gorgeously decorated bedroom with king size bed, overlooking an inexplicable panorama. Steps leading to a terrace with an eye-catching view, an open courtyard with a palm tree and an open roof bath are added attractions.
Illam (Deluxe & Ordinary) : Traditional Kerala houses mostly wooden built with antique doors and furniture. Each house has 2 bedrooms, one being deluxe with a living room and the other an ordinary room rented separately. Taken together you own an exclusive compound with greeneries and the ocean for sight.
Arappura (Deluxe / Ordinary) : A traditional Kerala house with one deluxe and one ordinary accommodation. The wood based house.
Jeeva & Jyothi : A Kerala house with two bedrooms rented separately situated on the slopes to the beach amidst verdant coconut grooves.
Somatheeram Resort - Kovalam, Spa Resorts in IndiaNalukettu : A traditional Kerala house with four bedrooms, rented separately, mostly wooden built surrounded by a verandah with an inner open courtyard with antique doors and pillars overlooking the ocean.
Cottages(Special) : Round thatched villas, build of natural mud, bricks and having more sea view.
Cottages(Ordinary) : Round stone or brick built thatched villas with attached toilet and bath room.
Cottages(Mini) : Round villas thatched and built of bricks vis-a-vis the ocean. They are provided with common toilet
Ayurveda at Somatheeram, Kovalam
Somatheeram has an exclusive Ayurveda Centre, where several rejuvenative Therapies based on the Vedic science Ayurveda (5000 hyears Old traditional indigenous body toning practice) are possible. Ayurvedic treatment with herbal preparations directed towards strengthening the immune system, preventing and curing diseases without any side effects. Somatheeram is also known for its reputed Yoga Centre where Yoga and meditation can be learned and practised under the guidance of a Yoga Guru.
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012